Superintendent of Waste Water Operations and Compliance
|November 13, 2017 - November 27, 2017|
|Benefits:||Benefits package after 90 days qualification period|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for assisting the Director in supervising the administration and Operation of the Waste Water treatment plant, Compliance and Wastewater Laboratory. This position will provide interdepartmental assistance to Wastewater Operations, Compliance and Wastewater Laboratory.|
This YCUA position is offered benefits with this position include:
Defined benefit pension plan
Optional 457 Deferred Compensation plan
MERS Reciprocal Pension Credit, available for pension-qualified applicants
Retiree Health Care Savings Plan
Very generous medical/dental/vision/pharmacy plans
Paid Time Off.
13 Paid Holidays
90 day probationary period
Short-term and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance
Flexible spending accounts
Additional compensation for advanced related state licenses and certifications
Job related tuition reimbursement
Employee assistance program
Voluntary benefits like accident coverage, critical illness, LegalShield, and Identify Theft
See attached Hiring Policy for more information: http://ycua.org/employment.htm
|Duties:||Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations|
- Assist wastewater treatment supervisor in the day to day operations
- Review and update Departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in developing environmental reports required for federal, state and local laws and regulations for submittal to applicable agencies in conjunction with Director of wastewater Operations review and certification
- Assist Wastewater Treatment plant Supervisor with facility-wide waste management practices and any related reporting requirements thereof.
- Assist Director of WWOP with NPDES Permit Compliance related reporting
- Assist Director of WWOP with Title V ROP Compliance and related reporting
- Assist Director of WWOP with Sewer Use Ordinance related compliance, local limit reevaluation, and Surcharge program
- Provide technical guidance and support to Compliance Supervisor in maintaining the Laboratory QA/QC manual current.
- Provide oversight to the Compliance Supervisor in administering the Authority drinking water certification and requirements thereof.
- Provide oversight to Compliance Supervisor in Wastewater Data collection, test records and record retention
- Provide guidance to Compliance Supervisor in Laboratory process optimization and in the development of best management practices
- Provide technical assistance to Laboratory Personnel in troubleshooting
-Assist with the management and supervision of the department and its resources; review progress and recommend changes as needed.
-Assist the Compliance Supervisor in preparing reports and providing information regarding analytical results to administration, regulatory and non domestic users.
-Assist the Compliance Supervisor with the surcharge program for applicable program participants.
-Assist the Wastewater Supervisor with the CEMS daily calibration, hourly and quarterly reports.
-Assist the Wastewater Supervisor and WWTP foremen enhancing the biological phosphorus removal process.
-Evaluate and develop goals and objectives.
-Coordinate work flow with other department directors and managers and fill in any gaps in management or decision making.
-Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; gather, interpret, and prepare data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinate activities among departments and agencies as needed.
-Assist Director with Authority compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, requirements, and permits, with a focus on the air permit and 4M requirements.
-Assist Director with the monthly operating reports.
-Initiate and recommend new and/or improved practices. Determine system and equipment improvements and additions.
-Assist Director with financial duties, as needed.
- Provide professional advice to the Director, and other managers.
-Prepare a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
-May attend Board meetings and may provide explanation of pertinent matters to the board
-Perform related duties as required.
Industrial Pretreatment Compliance
- Assist and provide direction to Compliance supervisor with administering the Authority Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Assist Compliance Supervisor with administering compliance programs such as Non-Domestic User program, Fats Oil and Grease Program.
|Qualifications:||Bachelors Degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience, including successful completion of course work in chemistry, biology, and/or civil engineering.|
- Five or more years of managerial experience, at least three in a wastewater environment preferred.
- Five or more years of general hands on experience in wastewater operations preferred.
- State of Michigan A Wastewater Operator license required.
- State of Michigan Storm Water Industrial Site Operator Certification required within 3 months.
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards, local ordinances, and state laws, and policies and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of hydraulics, chemistry, biology, safety, and laboratory procedures.
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports and ability to carry out multiple projects to their completion.
- Skill in preparing and administering budgets; skill in planning, directing and administering governmental programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees,
- Skill in organizing and ability to self-start in all responsibilities.
- Skill in evaluating data, determining appropriate course of action, and gaining acceptance of recommendations.
- Ability to follow directives faithfully and work without close supervision.
- Ability to skillfully manage projects and personnel for efficient and effective performance.
See ADA requirements for physical, environmental, and other requirements.